Thursday 25 June 2009

My Storyboard


The character

The main character that I have chosen to feature in this trailer is my version of Beavis from ‘Beavis and Butthead’. He will be shown in the trailer in the middle few scenes fighting some alien ducks who are the main enemies in the trailer.
Summary
The trailer begins by first showing the game title with some punching sound effects playing with it. The title then fades away as some heavy rock music plays showing a destroyed city-like area.
The middle part of the trailer zooms in on the destroyed city in more detail and shows the main character fighting a large amount of alien ducks. Throughout this part of the trailer there is a voice over telling the viewers a basic summary of the story which is that the Earth is under attack by alien ducks and the main character is the last hope for Earths survival. The rock music and punch sound effects are still playing throughout this part.
The last part of the trailer shows the main character defeating the group of alien ducks only to find that he is surrounded by thousands more. The main character says “this is going to fun” just before the screen blacks out showing text about when it will be released. In this part of the trailer, the music and sound effects stop just before the screen blacks out.
The environment shown throughout the trailer shows a destroyed city with a small amount of mist shown. The camera angle is mainly on the main character and the alien ducks.
Evaluation

For this assignment I was asked to come up with an idea and storyboard for a game trailer. The trailer had to contain my own character based on one of the characters in the 100 characters list.

The end product does match my original intentions almost exactly because I followed my original idea as much as I could. I think that my trailer that I have created looks quite a lot like my ideas which I am happy about.

The original audience for my product was 16 and above so I believe that it is appropriate. There is also nothing that is offensive in the product so it is not going to offend anyone.

During this assignment I have used Photoshop to neaten up my drawn storyboard and add colours to the scenes. I am alright at adding the colours but I think that I could work on easier and faster ways to use the different tools on Photoshop.

I created my storyboard by first drawing it on paper and then scanning it in to Photoshop. Because I drew the storyboard myself it doesn’t look as good as I wanted it to but for my first storyboard I think it is ok. The area I need to mainly develop is my drawing skill.

There was only one main problem that I encountered throughout this assignment which was my time keeping, this was due to me being unaware of how much time I had left until the final product had to be done. Throughout this experience I have learned how to draw a bit better and also how to use Photoshop more efficiently.

If I had the opportunity to do this product again I would do a lot more planning before hand and spend more time on the drawings for my storyboard. I am quite happy with my final product but I would be a lot happier if had a lot more detail in my storyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment